
To "celebrate" my nephew's success with guitar up to this point, and in an effort to get him even more excited about what he can do with it, I made him a cd featuring songs from a wide variety of bands.
Its got Pink Floyd because David Gilmour's solos have always blown me away. Its got The Ramones and The Clash because what better way to get a kid excited about guitar than a slew of I IV V power chords? (Trayton, the songs by The Ramones and The Clash are super easy to play!) The cd has Hendrix because how can you make a disc featuring cool guitar music and not have Hendrix on there? Its got R.E.M. from the band's Murmur era because while what Peter Buck did on that album is surprising simple, it was incredibly groundbreaking.
The disc starts off with a song from a band I used to be in. Recording has become so much more accessible in recent years thanks to programs like GarageBand than it was even 10 years ago. I actually like recording more than I ever liked performing. I guess the song from my old band is on here to show a "you can do it too" attitude.
The little play bar thing above here will play the song.
Anyway, here is the track list. The cd is going in the mail today.
And one last thing. Here's a video of Pink Floyd performing their song On The Turning Away. David Gilmour's guitar solo in the last half of the song is really cool. I wish I could play like that.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
A cd for Trayton
Posted by Amanda, Jeremy and Lillian at 3:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's a hell of a good selection, but i can't beleive you haven't included Clapton..
When is lil' Lillian arriving?
i really miss you guys.
A hell of a good selection, but I just can't believe you've left out Clapton...
When is Lil' Lil arriving?
I really miss you guys.
We got it yesterday. THANKS!!!! He's been listening to it already. He is so proud of it. He had to have your mom and dad listen to it tonight while they were over.
We got it yesterday. THANKS!!!! He's been listening to it already. He is so proud of it. He had to have your mom and dad listen to it tonight while they were over.
Post a Comment