
This is my friend Chris. He's the frontman for the punk band The Willkills. I was in the band for a little while and got to play on their first album. I have to say, I think it's a really good record. Anyway, today I learned it made the top 5 albums of 2007 in SLUG magazine. Granted, it's not a big magazine, but still that's pretty cool.
Furthermore, I recently learned that one of my home recordings is going to be used in the soundtrack of an upcoming independent documentary called Killer at Large. The filmmakers emailed me today and I'm going to get $500 for the song. I'm really excited about it. It's funny to me that one day I recorded a song while Amanda was at work because I had nothing better to do and now it's going to be in film and I'm being paid for it. If only I could come up with a way to make money off everything I do when I'm bored. If someone would pay me to play my Star Wars video game or watch Family Guy reruns I'd be pretty wealthy by now.
Here's a link to the song that is going to be in the movie in case you'd like to hear it. (copy and paste)
http://macidol.com/song/18835
Monday, December 10, 2007
Good news all around
Posted by Amanda, Jeremy and Lillian at 10:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations!
That is so cool. Congraulations Jeremy you are so talented!
Post a Comment