Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Cure



I surprised Amanda today by getting us tickets to The Cure concert next weekend. I am incredibly excited. They've been one of my favorite bands since I was a freshman in high school. When I first met Amanda, she made the "mistake" of telling me The Cure was her favorite band. I thought she was really cute and wanted her to come to my house so when she said that she liked The Cure I told her she needed to come over some time and check out all the rare Cure records I have. I have a pretty decent collection. The rarest one I've got is a 7" picture disc for The Caterpillar in it's original PVC sleeve. Not too shabby.

Anyway, Amanda knew what I was up too when I invited her over. I didn't really want to show off my record collection, I just wanted a really cute girl to come to my house. Obviously, my ploy worked.



Here's excerpts from one of my old journal entries about this great band.

"May 30th, 1992

I DID IT!!! I GOT TICKETS!!! 4 tickets to see The Cure on July 7th- OH MY BUT I AM EXCITED!!! I AM GOING TO SEE THE CURE IN CONCERT!!! OH YEAH!!!! I'm going to write a letter to my cousin Theresa to tell her- She'll be jealous! I was talking to Brando today- He got tickets too you see- BUT- I am on row 21. He is on row 135- I laughed most heartily upon hearing this news! I AM SO EXCITED!!! I CAN HARDLY WAIT, I AM GOING TO SEE THE CURE. LIVE IN CONCERT!!! These are the songs I want them to play: Lullaby, A Forest, A Strange Day, Short Term Effect, Cut, Killing An Arab, The Walk, Primary..."

The list of songs goes on and on and on. In all I listed more than 50 songs. The way I was acting you'd think I was a 14 year-old-girl who just met an American Idol finalist.

0 comments: