Saturday, November 24, 2007

P125-X



This is me on my scooter at Tibble Fork Reservoir in American Fork Canyon. It's a 1979 Vespa P-125X. It's got a Pollini kit, a bunch of performance parts and is all jetted out. It's a really fast scooter. I want to put a new exhaust/carb on it which will make it even faster. One of the greatest adrenaline rushes of my life was when I was going 65mph at the end of a very long ride on a very hot summer day. The engine heat seized and I went from 65 to 0 in about 20 feet. I have no idea how I stayed on the scooter (or how many nasty words I used as I skid to a stop.) Luckily, it wasn't a hard seize and I was able to start right back up and ride home. I had a hard seize once which sucks more than I could ever explain. It's difficult to explain why I'm so into old scooters. To me it's all about soul music, reggae and British clothing. If you understand that, you probably have a decent scooter of your own. None of this Kymco crap.

2 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

You look cool :) If you weren't married to Amanda I would nominate you for the next season of the Bachelor!

Diana said...

The scooter does look fun. Brady bought a 4 wheeler that is pretty fun to ride on but your scooter looks cooler!